Book Creator is the simple way to make your own beautiful ebooks, right on your iPad.
With over 30 million ebooks created so far, Book Creator is ideal for making all kinds of books, including children’s picture books, comic books, photo books, journals, textbooks and more.
And when you’re done, easily share your book, or even publish to the iBooks Store!
- Add text, choosing from over 50 fonts
- Add photos and images from your iPad’s photo library, from the web, or use the iPad’s camera
- Resize, rotate and position content as you like with guidelines and snap positioning
- Add video and music, and even record your voice
- Use the pen tool to draw and annotate your book
- Choose from portrait, landscape or square book sizes
- Add super powers to your books with comic templates, stickers and styles
- A quick tap and you’re reading your book in iBooks!
MANY WAYS TO SHARE YOUR BOOK
- Publish your book online (teachers only)
- Send your book by email
- AirDrop to iPhone, iPad or MacBook
- Use a cloud service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive (and more)
- Save your book as a movie file and upload to the web
- Print using AirPrint or other printer apps, or export as a PDF
- Ability to send via WebDav server, or simply connect your iPad and transfer to iTunes
BECOME A PUBLISHED AUTHOR!
Book Creator ebooks are created using the international ePub standard, so you know they will be readable now and in the future. Book Creator books are optimized for easy publishing to the iBooks Store.
Teaching with Book Creator
Packed with fonts, templates, balloons, captions, and lettering art, Comic Life is a fun, powerful and easy-to-use app that makes creating comics easier than ever. And now you can build your comics anywhere you like!
Easily go from taking photos to creating full comics all on one device with full page templates and panel layouts. Create original stories with the integrated Script Editor then drag and drop your words to the comic page when you’re done.
Comic Life is also great for doing school projects, how to guides, flyers for your business or group, storyboarding, lesson plans, book reports, Internet memes; and that’s just to name a few!
Create and share dynamic conversations around documents, snapshots, diagrams and videos — basically anything there is to talk about. You can talk, type, and draw right on the screen. VoiceThread takes your conversations to the next level, capturing your presence, not just your comments. Anyone can join the discussion — anytime, anywhere.
Stunningly simple and accessible, VoiceThread is already in use by architects, executives, kindergartners, professors, and engineers around the world. More than 25% of the top Universities in the U.S. use VoiceThread to connect and communicate around digital media.
* Add images and videos from your device.
* Flip through pages and annotate slides while you narrate.
* Sharing is as easy as sending an email.
* Access your VoiceThread account and all of your content just by signing in.
* You will need a network connection to use this app. WiFi is recommended.
Use VoiceThread on the iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- Open the app and log into our school account at “newtrier.ed.voicethread.com”
- Upload, share and discuss documents, presentations, images, audio files and videos. Over 50 different types of media can be used in a VoiceThread.
- Comment on VoiceThread slides using one of five powerful commenting options: microphone, webcam, text, phone, and audio-file upload.
- Sharing – Keep a VoiceThread private, share it with specific people, or open it up to the entire world.
Teaching with VoiceThread
Seamlessly integrate VoiceThread into your Canvas course.
Teachers should develop their VoiceThread assignments using the web version on their computers.
Sign into the New Trier VoiceThread account with your New Trier username and password.
Students and instructors are enrolled in their courses automatically. When a user clicks an LTI link within a course, VoiceThread will generate a group for that course and add the user to it.
Set graded assignments in VoiceThread. Require students to create their own VoiceThreads, comment on one of yours, or simply watch a lecture and receive a grade. Assignments are graded in VoiceThread, and grades are sent back to your Canvas gradebook seamlessly.
The Digital Library is a database of articles about successful VoiceThread projects. It is a resource that offers guidance and inspiration for people undertaking new projects.
Join instructional designer and expert VoiceThreader George Haines to explore all aspects of VoiceThread. We cover basic VoiceThread features, lesson planning, strategic and specialized applications of VoiceThread, and even how you can make your courses more accessible to all learners. These workshops are completely free, and anyone is welcome to attend!
Workshops are scheduled almost every week throughout the year. Check the Workshops page for all upcoming sessions and to watch archives of past sessions.
- Refresh iPad screen if you cannot view updates.
- Check wireless connections
- VoiceThread Support
- Contact User Support x2399