Video Physics brings automated object tracking and video analysis to iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Capture video of an object in motion, then tap to track automatically. Video Physics instantly creates trajectory, position, and velocity graphs for the object.
Video Physics is perfect for science students and instructors. Perform on-the-go analysis of interesting motion. Measure the velocity of a child’s swing, a roller-coaster, or a car. Or, take a video of a basketball free throw shot. Video Physics will display the path of the ball and provide graphs of y vs. x as well as the x and y position and velocity as a function of time.
Teaching with Vernier Physics
Use ThingLink to instantly add private video, text, or even music from YouTube to images. Create unforgettable greetings, interactive travel photos, screencasts and capture best moments. Share images to your friends on Twitter or Facebook — and communicate in new ways.
Explain Everything is an interactive screencasting whiteboard that allows users to quickly import photos, videos, presentations, record and annotate objects using voice, on-screen cues, and markers. The user can export the completed screencast as a video to present to others.
Teaching with Explain Everything
Newsela gives educators an insight into their students’ strengths and weakness. By registering, you and your students can take advantage of all our features including:
- taking quizzes and immediately seeing quiz answers
- annotating and highlighting articles
- allowing students to read articles at a just-right reading level and help gauge their reading progress
- The Newsela app extends your Newsela browser experience on to any iOS device. News articles are synced daily via WIFI or cellular network. You can view articles and take assessments offline.
- Download the Newsela app from iTunes Store
- Register using your New Trier Google account
- Select school – choose New Trier Township
- Teachers can create classes and add students
- Teachers can assign articles and monitor student progress
Teaching with Newsela
- Quick Start Guide for Teachers
- Sample Lessons
- Teachers can assign articles to students in their classes and monitor their progress.
- Students discover reading level for any article by scrolling up or down with two fingers
- Professional Learning and Development for Teachers
- Curate content
Flipboard is your personal magazine, at your desk, in your back pocket or on your wrist. Filled with stories, photos and videos on any interest, it’s a single place to keep up with your world. And now, if you want just a few highlights, the top ten stories can be sent right to your Apple Watch. Scan a summary, save it to a Flipboard magazine or share it with a friend. Collecting and sharing stories you care about has never been easier.
- Getting Started with Flipboard:
- Login to Flipboard
- Search for articles and tap the “+” button to add to your magazine
- Look at Cover Stories on iPad to see highlights of everything you’re following
The Canvas app lets users use their mobile device to:
- Stay on top of your to-do items
- View your course schedule and syllabus
- Read and participate in course discussions
- Turn in homework assignments
- Upload files, videos, and audio recordings
- Read, create, and reply to inbox messages
- Study and navigate course pages
- View grades for your courses and individual assignments
- View submissions and participate in comment discussions with your instructor
- Access and participate in Canvas groups
If you are using the Canvas app for the first time:
- Open the app
- Search for ‘New Trier’ and select it from the drop-down list.
- Log-in using your New Trier username (or student ID) and password.
Teaching with the Canvas app