Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Teaching with Numbers
Content for item 2
Keynote is the most powerful presentation app ever designed for a mobile device. Built from the ground up for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, it makes creating a world-class presentation — complete with animated charts and transitions — as simple as touching and tapping.
Teaching with Keynote
Content for item 2
Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, resumes, and documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.
Teaching with Pages
Content for item 2
Learn anytime, anywhere with world-class experts! Maximize your learning with full access to Lynda.com video training library.
Pick up your lessons where you left off for a continuous learning experience. Log in to watch expert-taught courses in photography, graphic design, business training, web and interactive design, 3D animation, audio, and much more.
- Download Lynda.com to your mobile device
- Open the app and click the Organization tab
- Go to Web Portal and enter nths.net
- Enter your New Trier username and password
- Search for Courses or Videos
- Add to Playlist
Teaching with Lynda.com
- Self-directed learning
- Introduce new content to students
- Download course to iPad so you can work offline
MyScript Calculator allows you to write out math equations freehand and the app will convert your handwriting to print. The app recognizes basic operations, powers, roots, exponentials, trigonometric operations, and a few others. It does not, however, work well with multiple variables.
Start by downloading the app here
and visiting the developer’s site
for more information. This video
will show you the basics of MyScript Calculator.
Teaching with My Script Calculator
The developer of MyScript Calculator has created a number of demonstrations for their various products. You can access these demos here
to learn more about how to use MyScript Calculator. They also maintain a FAQs
page that may answer some of your questions.
pCalc Lite is a great basic calculator with the addition of engineerings and scientific notation and an optional RPN mode.
Download the app from the App Store here
For more information on how to us pCalc Lite, visit the developer’s website.
Teaching with pCalc Lite
This calculator is more than just another graphing calculator. Not only can this replace your handheld calculator for most purposes, but it allows you to graph; explore geometry; work with stats, data, lists, and spreadsheets; and make real-world connections.
Get started by downloading the app here
Watch this video from TI Calculators for a quick introduction to the TI-Nspire CAS calculator.
Teaching with TI-Nspire Cas
Come back soon for ways to teach using TI-Nspire CAS
Camscanner allows you to take a picture of a document and save the image as a JPEG or a PDF. This may seem redundant when you can just take a picture using an iPad’s camera, but the extra features in Camscanner will make you a believer. This app will allow you to quickly and easily scan, adjust the image’s margins, edit the document (coloring, highlighting, notes, rotating, OCR, and multiple pages) and send it off to wherever you want it to go. Or you can use the 10GB of storage to store all of your scanned documents in Camscanner.
Teaching with Camscanner HD Pro
Come back later for information on how to teach with Camscanner HD Pro
Qrafter (pronounced “crafter”) is a QR code reader and creator. It can be used to quickly connect real-world objects to online content. Applications for this tool include easy access to websites and scavenger hunts. Qrafter makes it easy for teachers to create QR codes or for students to add QR codes to their projects.
Qrafter is an app for the iPad that can be used to scan QR Codes. QR codes are basically visual representations of a website or something else online that can be accessed through a QR scanner on a smartphone or tablet device. For a better understanding of QR Codes, click here
Download the app from iTunes here
Newsela gives educators an insight into their students’ strengths and weakness. By registering, you and your students can take advantage of all our features including:
- taking quizzes and immediately seeing quiz answers
- annotating and highlighting articles
- allowing students to read articles at a just-right reading level and help gauge their reading progress
- The Newsela app extends your Newsela browser experience on to any iOS device. News articles are synced daily via WIFI or cellular network. You can view articles and take assessments offline.
- Download the Newsela app from iTunes Store
- Register using your New Trier Google account
- Select school – choose New Trier Township
- Teachers can create classes and add students
- Teachers can assign articles and monitor student progress
Teaching with Newsela
- Quick Start Guide for Teachers
- Sample Lessons
- Teachers can assign articles to students in their classes and monitor their progress.
- Students discover reading level for any article by scrolling up or down with two fingers
- Professional Learning and Development for Teachers
- Curate content