We’re here to help you get your technology working, that’s why we offer a number of ways to get answers to your questions:
- Technology help On-Campus (trevIT):
- Northfield Campus: Go to the trevIT help desk in Room A414
- Winnetka Campus: Go to trevIT help desk in W240, just outside the library
- By Email: You can reach us by email by sending a message to email@example.com.
You may or may not have a class that will use eBooks. Each eBook is a little different, so it is important to know a few things before you download your eBook eReader app and/or redeem your eBook code(s).
Wait for your teacher to provide instructions during the first few days of school before you redeem a code or download an eBook/iBook. If you lose the instructions, please contact your teacher.
Some eBook publishers will want you to create a username and password in order to download their eBook. Make sure you record this information somewhere for easy reference.
Things happen – sometimes your iPad flies from your hands and poof! Broken. Or sometimes you forget that you left it in your 3rd period class, and you don’t realize it until the end of the day. Below are a few scenarios you may encounter:
“The use of technology is a privilege, not a right”. Be aware of the rules that you are supposed to follow. You can refer back to the engaging videos from the orientation outlining the school’s policies:
The school has implemented a wireless printing solution for iPads. Please refer to the following instructions on the new procedure for printing from your iPad:
Notability App (Freshmen Only!)
We introduced a new core app this year for freshmen students only. Please go to Self-Service to download this app.
Notability is a note-taking app that allows you to create notes that integrate handwriting, typing, drawings, audio, and pictures. This is a great app that helps you stay organized in each of your classes by setting up separate folders. Teachers can assign worksheets, handouts, reading material, etc. as PDFs, which then gives you the ability to annotate. You can also import or export notes through email, Google Drive, Dropbox, and other apps such as Canvas. Notability is integrated with iCloud, so you can access your notes anytime, anywhere. For a complete tutorial guide on using Notability, click here.
Reminders & Tips
To make sure that you are completely ready, here are a few tips we would like to offer so that you’re ready for the coming school year:
- Make sure your iPad has enough power to last for the full school day. There are limited electrical outlets at school, so before you go to sleep, make sure that you leave your iPad charging.
- Remember your passwords! Your New Trier password allows you to check your NTHS email, use school Google Docs, login to Canvas, or try to use a computer on campus. If you know you’ll have trouble remembering your passwords, try recording them somewhere secure, where you can quickly find them in case you forget.
- Do you know how to download apps from Self Service? Depending on the class, you may be asked to download an app from Self Service. If you do not remember how to download an app from Self Service, you can click here and follow the guide.
- If you can’t find Self Service, you can follow the steps to re-enroll here on your iPad.
- Sharing Google docs with your peers and teachers is easy– just share it with their New Trier email address.