Create and share dynamic conversations around documents, snapshots, diagrams and videos — basically anything there is to talk about. You can talk, type, and draw right on the screen. VoiceThread takes your conversations to the next level, capturing your presence, not just your comments. Anyone can join the discussion — anytime, anywhere.
Stunningly simple and accessible, VoiceThread is already in use by architects, executives, kindergartners, professors, and engineers around the world. More than 25% of the top Universities in the U.S. use VoiceThread to connect and communicate around digital media.
* Add images and videos from your device.
* Flip through pages and annotate slides while you narrate.
* Sharing is as easy as sending an email.
* Access your VoiceThread account and all of your content just by signing in.
* You will need a network connection to use this app. WiFi is recommended.
- Open the app and log into our school account at “newtrier.ed.voicethread.com”
- Upload, share and discuss documents, presentations, images, audio files and videos. Over 50 different types of media can be used in a VoiceThread.
- Comment on VoiceThread slides using one of five powerful commenting options: microphone, webcam, text, phone, and audio-file upload.
- Sharing – Keep a VoiceThread private, share it with specific people, or open it up to the entire world.
Seamlessly integrate VoiceThread into your Canvas course.
Teachers should develop their VoiceThread assignments using the web version on their computers.
Sign into the New Trier VoiceThread account with your New Trier username and password.
Students and instructors are enrolled in their courses automatically. When a user clicks an LTI link within a course, VoiceThread will generate a group for that course and add the user to it.
Set graded assignments in VoiceThread. Require students to create their own VoiceThreads, comment on one of yours, or simply watch a lecture and receive a grade. Assignments are graded in VoiceThread, and grades are sent back to your Canvas gradebook seamlessly.
The Digital Library is a database of articles about successful VoiceThread projects. It is a resource that offers guidance and inspiration for people undertaking new projects.
Join instructional designer and expert VoiceThreader George Haines to explore all aspects of VoiceThread. We cover basic VoiceThread features, lesson planning, strategic and specialized applications of VoiceThread, and even how you can make your courses more accessible to all learners. These workshops are completely free, and anyone is welcome to attend!
Workshops are scheduled almost every week throughout the year. Check the Workshops page for all upcoming sessions and to watch archives of past sessions.
- Refresh iPad screen if you cannot view updates.
- Check wireless connections
- VoiceThread Support
- Contact User Support x2399